Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Khador for the Cure

Got some good news tonight: I have a sponsor for my Breast Cancer Brawl army! The good folks at All About Games! are going to donate the models for the army. In return, I paint the army and auction it, with 100% of the proceeds going to charity. Additionally, I am going to do my damnedest to run the best/biggest Breast Cancer Brawl event west of the Rockies.

Needless to say, I am very fired up about this. I know it's more than 6 months to BCB, but I want to make it an event that will get folks in from out of town -- which likely means a Saturday tourney instead of a Sunday. I know that Privateer has expressed an interest in providing additional support for these events, but those details haven't been worked out yet.

One thing I'd like to do is center a painting challenge/blog (separate from here) on getting armies ready for BCB. Currently, Scott and I are participating in Band of Bodgers II, which runs from April 1 to July 31. That would give me August and September to get the Khador force painted, unless I made it my BBII army. Must ponder this.

In any event, this was the news I was waiting for. Now to get models in hand and assemble them.

This is the list:
Army Name: Butcher Brawl
Khador
743/750 points, 29 VP, 20 models

Kommander Orsus Zoktavir 78 points, 5 VP
* Beast-09 126 points, 5 VP
* War Dog 18 points, 1 VP

Man-O-War Drakhun (+dismount) 70 points, 2 VP
Great Bears of Gallowswood 76 points, 2 VP
Greylord Ternion 43 points, 2 VP
Koldun Lord 30 points, 1 VP
Man-O-War Kovnik 34 points, 1 VP
* Juggernaut 105 points, 4 VP
4 Man-O-War Shocktroopers 87 points, 3 VP
2x Manhunter 22 points, 1 VP each
Yuri the Axe 32 points, 1 VP


2 comments:

  1. That is sensationally fantastic. I am glad you won't have to work up the cash for your army. I need to really look at what to do with my army after the brawl since I have spent a lot of cash at full retail price for the models, I will probably still auction it off, but I will probably take some cash out of the bid to off set it all. I still have to work out a hard set list for the Brawl, but I will paint every model I listed for it. Oh and about your list, no that is a sick and wrong list, just no. I feel like i need a rolled up newspaper with me for whenever you talk about that list, so I can whack your nose. Lots of armor, lots of hir points, tons of damage, gotta work at how to crack that damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be easy to crack since I don't play Khador. :P

    ReplyDelete