Saturday, December 27, 2008

Go go Royal Blues...



There's been a slight change of plan in my quest for world domination via the Pink Horde. The battle cry of "axe to mouf" will be replaced, for the time being, by "eat electric death!"

I'm going to a gaming convention.

With airfare as cheap as it is, a very affordable convention pass, and a place to crash, it was a no-brainer for me to decide to attend TempleCon 2009. They've got 24-hour gaming! Did I mention it's in Rhode Island?

I've never been to the eastern seaboard, not sure how much I'll actually get to see. But it'll be a good chance to meet some of the East Coast Press Gangers and play in a fairly relaxed tournament format called Eternal War. And after reading this in the PP forums, I knew I wanted to go.

So we'll see. I've got three lists -- 500, 750 and 1000 (for Eternal War) and I will be fully painted since I'll be representing Boise. I'll have a model count ready by Jan. 1. As far as I'm concerned, everything I'm painting for TC needs to be finished by Feb. 3, as the plan is to fly out 5 February. I should return 9 February, catch my breath, run a Steam Roller 4 tourney on 15 February and start Call to Arms 2009 on 16 February. And run MonPoc.

The one silly thing I did with Christmas money? I bought another Thunderhead.

It's not a bad paint job. But from where I am now, it's not a good paint job either. The T-head did well for my against Circle yesterday, but the paint job pissed me off. So he'll be retired and I'll paint another one -- faster and prettier.

I might as hit 2009 running. I will have plenty of time to get the Trolls painted for the Invitational, and I might even learn how to win with the buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment