Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lists

With the help of iBodger, I've come up with two lists I want to play in the next week. The first is for the Axe to Mouf gang:

Army Name: Beefy!
Trollbloods
750 points, 26 VP, 28 models
  • Hoarluk Doomshaper 54 points, 5 VP
  • Brun Cragback 113 points, 1 VP
  • -- Lug 0 points, 3 VP
  • Earthborn Dire Troll 125 points, 3 VP
  • Troll Bouncer 70 points, 2 VP
  • 5 Gatormen Posse 111 points, 2 VP
  • 6 Krielstone Bearer
I don't normally throw lists out into the wild for folks to critique, but I'm really curious to see how the Troll list performs. The Gatormen are a nod to Kevin, who used them to turn Nemo into gumbo. Plus, I have the models, might as well use em, right?

But, there are no Champs and not enough solos in the Troll list, so it likely will be changed. Plus, I have the cav assembled. So much I want to run. So sad I'm out of room. :(

And for whatever reason, I'm dying to bust out the Menoth. Maybe it's because I want to bring the crusade to Templecon next year. ;) But I'll probably end up playing Bruce on Tuesday before the Metamorphosis midnight release and I'm not ready for Troll on Troll violence. So I came up with this one:

Army Name: Amon
Protectorate of Menoth
748 points, 29 VP, 25 models
  • High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza 70 points, 5 VP
  • -- Blessing of Vengeance 88 points, 3 VP
  • -- 2x Castigator 108 points, 3 VP each
  • -- 2x Dervish 65 points, 2 VP each
  • -- Devout 69 points, 2 VP
  • 2x Allegiant of the Order of the Fist 25 points, 1 VP each
  • 6 Choir of Menoth 22 points, 2 VP
  • 6 Choir of Menoth 22 points, 2 VP
  • High Paladin Dartan Vilmon 38 points, 1 VP
  • 2x Paladin of the Order of the Wall 19 points, 1 VP each
  • Wrack 5 points, 0 VP
Yes, I like Amon. I don't think he sucks. I think he's a lot of fun to play and there's a very specific order of operations you need to follow with him. I "get" him, and I win with  him. It's just one of those things.

There's a temptation to take the Amon list against Dangerfish on Sunday. I may bring both armies.

2 comments:

  1. One thing to look into would be a way to fit in the bone grinders. Maybe drop Brun in favor of another light and the bone grinders to get better range on Doomie's spells (putting him in less danger) and give you fury to lose if you get hit hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call. I'm going to have to pick up a unit of those guys, probably sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete