Monday, January 19, 2009

I can has Press Gangery!

So I got a cool package delivered to me at the game store on Friday. It looked like this:


I was expecting my MonPoc order, but when I opened the box, this was on top:

I've been a Press Ganger since Oct. 16, 2008. Now I finally have my shirt so I can be all official and stuff. Oddly enough, I feel the need to paint up one of my Mariners...

Here's a little story about the day I became a member of the Press Gang.

At 11:08 a.m. on Oct. 16, 2008, I got the email from Privateer Press saying I had been accepted as a member of their volunteer corps. I think I actually read the email around 11:16 a.m. Regardless, it made me very happy and I was excited to be a part of the group. Seriously, it's something I had wanted to be a part of for some time.

At 12:36 p.m., I got the call from my uncle saying my grandfather had died. It was expected, but it didn't make it hurt any less. Needless to say, I was in very low spirits that day. I was going to go to work, but that just wasn't going to happen. My shift got covered, I ended up at the store and went home after a few hours.

The one bright spot through all of this was becoming a PG. I'm sure it'll sound stupid to some folks, but it gave me something to look forward to. And now that I've been in for a few months, I've made some really good friends and will get a chance to meet some of them next month.

As much as I like WM/H and promoting the game and running events, I appreciate the camaraderie from the Gang and the friends I've made even more. It's amazing how being a part of a group of people who are passionate can change your outlook.

Anyway, that's my goofy little story.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment